An open Chat room to solve your medicolegal problems, post your doubts or thoughts.
Q: The desire to take medicine is perhaps the greatest feature which distinguishes man from the animals. - William Osler
By: Amala K., 20-Sep-2021, 01:02 pm
Q: These is only one rule of practice; put yourself in the patient's place. - Anonymous
By: Amala K, 13-Sep-2021, 11:19 am
Q: On what grounds can a medical practitioner refuse to attend a patient?
By: Dr. Subhash K., 30-Aug-2021, 11:32 am
A1. Refusal can be done on the grounds :
1. When the Doctor finds another practitioner in attendance. 2. The doctor's fees remain unpaid despite notice. 3. When the patient persists in abuse of intoxicants or poisons. 4. When the patient uses other remedies other than those prescribed by the doctor. 5. When the prescribed treatment is not followed persistently. 6. When other practitioner is consulted without the doctor's knowledge.
7. When the doctor himself is suffering from an illness requiring rest in house.
By: Amla K., 30-Aug-2021, 12:34 pm
Q: What is Contributory Negligence?
By: Dr. Sanjay D., 23-Aug-2021, 11:47 am
A1. If a patient does not comply with the suggestion or advice given by the doctor regarding his management, patient is responsible for the final outcome - either partially or fully e.g. not taking prescribed treatment, not keeping follow up, non-compliance about investigations etc. However, it is advisable to write full instructions on prescription paper, discharge card, etc. Just like informed consent, it is important to not down INFORMED DENIAL.
By: Amala K., 23-Aug-2021, 11:52 am
Q: Every great advance in Science was issued from a new audacity of imagination. - John Dewey.
By: Amla K, 19-Aug-2021, 11:31 am
Q: Care more for the individual patient than for the special features of the disease. - Sir William Osler.
By: Amla K., 28-Jul-2021, 10:35 am
Q: He's the best Physician who knows the worthlessness of most medicines. - Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
By: Amla K, 23-Jul-2021, 12:39 pm
Q: I want consent register but need to have a look ,can you provide ?please
By: Dr Sanghashil Raut, 28-Jun-2021, 02:14 pm
A1. Thank you for your enquiry. All our Registers and consent photos are available online for you to have a look. Just log on to : https://anantent.com/products.php
By: Amla K, 29-Jun-2021, 03:44 pm
Q: How to destroy Medical Records?
By: Sumit A, 24-Jun-2021, 05:09 pm
A1. -You should give a public notice of destroying the records in English newspaper & in one vernacular paper mention the specific date up to which the destruction in sought.
- Give a time limit of 1 month for taking away the records for those who want the records with written consent.
- After a month destroy the records up to the date specified.
Of course, there are some scenarios where destroying records is not recommended :
1. Where litigation is going on.
2. Where future trouble is expected.
3. In case of Mentally ill or retarded patient.
4. Pre-litigation process of notice exchange is going on.
By: Amla K, 28-Jun-2021, 11:08 am
Q: How to order i m fr mumbai?
By: Dr pooja tanwani, 06-May-2021, 08:51 pm
A1. We have our outlet on Dombivali. Just Contact 9224878395 (Mr. Chetan Mhatre)
By: Amla Koshe, 01-Jun-2021, 12:23 pm